Here is the recipe.
- Melted low-fat dairy spread, to grease
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.